Being a country girl, of course I was attracted to the work of Peacock Garden. It reminds me of growing up- days spent playing in the barn, county fairs, helping dad with our cows, and other simple farm living. Her work transports me back to a simpler, easier time.
Please meet Cari Humphry, of Peacock Gardens.
1. Can you tell me your name and a little about yourself and your studio/creative space?
Cari Humphry, wife of Byron for 12 years. I have two kids, ages 5 and 1. On M,W,F I paint at home in a little nook in my bedroom during the kids rest time. On T,TH I paint, varnish & ship out from a studio space in my dad's accounting office. I paint almost everyday, even if I have to "steal" the time away from cooking or cleaning my house- :)
3. Do you have a family and if so what role does your family play in your art? My husband is a great resource for accuracy and information about the cars and the cows I paint. His family has always had cows in south Arkansas and I guess just by being male he has a fetish for all things on wheels.
4. Where do you live and what is it like? I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas in the northwest corner of the state. Wonderful city that is the home of the University of Arkansas.
6. What are your goals with your work? to have fun and get "looser" in my painting style.
8. Where all do you sell? Etsy & peacockgarden.com & I have had some art cards at a local shop
11. Your shop name and link? http://www.peacockgarden.etsy.com/ - Cari Humphry