Tuesday, March 9

Sling-A-BUY-baby...Must have for new mommies!

Our artist today is one of my favorite gals. One of the first I met here online when I started selling on Etsy. She has two shops, one, The Little Ballerina where she makes fabulous little hair clippies, tutus and a menagerie of other little goodies. I've bought several of her clippies and just love them!!! Today though I want to focus on her shop Sling-A-Bye-Baby. She has come up with a very cute and clever baby sling. She has also loaded her tore with all sorts of other adorable baby items! Her work is spectacular, just like her personality. I hope you have fun reading all about her!


Sling-A-Bye-Baby
1. Can you tell me your name and a little about yourself and your studio/creative space?
Marcella Hogg, I'm a stay at home mom to three kids, a full time college student, wife, and crafter. I craft in what used to be our breakfast nook, but my space is constantly shrinking!

2. If there’s one thing that defines you, what is it?
I love to try new things! I'm very sporadic.

3. Do you have a family and if so what role does your family play in your art?
My shop was inspired by my kids. I started this shop after I made myself a baby sling to carry my newborn in [he's 8 months now]. I started adding hats once I got into crocheting and now knit.

4. Where do you live and what is it like?
I live in Central California and it's alright. It's beautiful on some days, but sometimes seems busy. I'd like to live somewhere more secluded.

5. Where did you learn your medium?
Self taught. Picked up on sewing and crocheting through books and how to videos.

6. What are your goals with your work?
Just to make a little extra cash, either for spending or to pay bills. I know it's not going to become a full time career for me, especially since I have 3 little ones to focus on and school.

7. How did you come to selling online?
Someone recommended that I start selling what I make, and I had a ton of people ask me where I got my sling.

8. Where all do you sell?
Just on etsy!

9. What is the best piece of advice you can give other artists?
It takes time and work. You can't expect for things to sell as soon as you post them. And most things you try to sell have a huge market [jewelry, clippies]. You need to somehow make your items stand out.

10. Why do you think that buying and selling handmade products benefits society?
We're all helping each other out. I love to buy handmade so I can see others arts.

11. Your shop names and link ?

Sling-A-Bye Baby  and The Little Ballerina


No comments:

Post a Comment