Tuesday, March 9
Sling-A-BUY-baby...Must have for new mommies!
Marcella Hogg, I'm a stay at home mom to three kids, a full time college student, wife, and crafter. I craft in what used to be our breakfast nook, but my space is constantly shrinking!
2. If there’s one thing that defines you, what is it?
I love to try new things! I'm very sporadic.
My shop was inspired by my kids. I started this shop after I made myself a baby sling to carry my newborn in [he's 8 months now]. I started adding hats once I got into crocheting and now knit.
4. Where do you live and what is it like?
I live in Central California and it's alright. It's beautiful on some days, but sometimes seems busy. I'd like to live somewhere more secluded.
5. Where did you learn your medium?
Self taught. Picked up on sewing and crocheting through books and how to videos.
7. How did you come to selling online?
It takes time and work. You can't expect for things to sell as soon as you post them. And most things you try to sell have a huge market [jewelry, clippies]. You need to somehow make your items stand out.
10. Why do you think that buying and selling handmade products benefits society?
We're all helping each other out. I love to buy handmade so I can see others arts.
11. Your shop names and link ?
Sling-A-Bye Baby and The Little Ballerina